Unintended Consequences of Energy Independence

Hi Everyone,

I've included a like to a story I did for FSRN about the possibility of drilling for natural gas in the New York City watershed.  (I would love your feedback by the way)

gas-companies-seek-access-ny-watershed

The type of drilling that's proposed for New York State is happening all over the country, specifically in New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Pennsylvania, Georgia, West Virginia and Ohio.  It is being considered in a several other states too. 

I would be interesed in doing a collaborative piece with folks from other parts of the country that are experiencing horrizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing in shale beds for natural gas extraction. 

Please reply to this post with your proposed segment on drilling in your area or if you want more information.  I can post links to sites and documents if folks are interested.

Cheers,

Christine

Replies to this Topic

Hi Christine,

I just finished listening to your piece on horizontal drilling.  I thought it was well done.  Your piece moved very good from you to those who speaking. Your understanding of the topic came through clear as a bell. I understand the importance of people living in these watersheds. However, I really not on top of exactly where these watersheds are,  even though recently in Kansas, oil drilling has been become more popular since the costs of oil has rising.

Weber Koesema

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Pacifica Sprouts: Radio From the Grassroots